The Organizing Committee of the XV International Tchaikovsky Competition announces:
- 6 prizes for pianists,
- 6 prizes for violinists,
- 6 prizes for cellists,
- 4 prizes for female singers,
- 4 prizes for male singers.
The XV International Tchaikovsky Competition will offer the following prizes in each category:
- Grand Prix US$ 100,000 in addition to the First Prize amount
- 1st Prize US$ 30,000 and the Gold Medal
- 2nd Prize US$ 20,000 and the Silver Medal
- 3rd Prize US$ 10,000 and the Bronze Medal
- 4th Prize US$ 5,000 and a Diploma
- 5th Prize US$ 3,000 and a Diploma
- 6th Prize US$ 2,000 and a Diploma
Among all first prize winners in each section only one Grand Prix winner may be declared.
The Special Prize for the best performance of a concerto with a chamber orchestra in Round II (in the piano, violin, and cello sections) is US$ 2,000 and a Diploma.
Photo: Boris Berezovsky receives a Gold Medal at the IX International Tchaikovsky Competition in 1990.